Upgrading Your Skills to Windows Server 2016 (10983)
This 5-day instructor-led course explains how to implement and configure new features and functionality in Windows Server 2016. This course is designed for IT professional who want to upgrade their technical skills from Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 to Windows Server 2016. This course presumes a high level of knowledge about previous Windows Server technologies and skills equivalent to the MCSA: Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 credential. This course is not a product upgrade course, detailing considerations for migrating and upgrading your specific environment to Windows Server 2016. Rather, this course will update students' existing Windows Server knowledge and skills to Windows Server 2016.
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2016
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Implementing Directory Services
- Implementing AD FS
- Managing and Optimizing Storage in Windows Server 2016
- Implementing Secure Data Access for Users and Devices
- Implementing Network Services
- Implementing Remote Access
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V
- Data Recovery in Windows Server 2016
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals who are experienced Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administrators and who have real world experience working in a Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008 enterprise environment, and have obtained the credential Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 or have equivalent knowledge.IT professionals wanting to take the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) exams will also be interested in taking this course as they prepare for the MCSA exams, which are a prerequisite for the MCSE specialties.