Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V® and System Center
This five day course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to design and implement Microsoft Server Virtualization solutions using Hyper-V and System Center.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate an organization’s virtualization requirements and plan for server virtualization.
- Install and configure the Hyper-V server role.
- Create virtual machines, create and manage virtual hard disks and work with snapshots.
- Create and configure virtual machine networks in a Hyper-V environment.
- Implement virtual machine movement and Hyper-V Replica.
- Provide high availability for Hyper-V environment by implementing failover clustering.
- Manage virtual environment by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage networking and storage infrastructure in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Configure and manage Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage clouds by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Create and manage services in System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Windows Server Backup and Data Protection Manager.
This course is primarily intended for existing IT professionals who have some AD DS knowledge and experience and who aim to develop knowledge about identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2016. This would typically include:
- AD DS administrators who are looking to train in identity and access technologies with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- System or infrastructure administrators with general AD DS experience and knowledge who are looking to cross-train in core and advanced identity and access technologies in Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2016.
- The secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who are looking to consolidate their knowledge about AD DS and related technologies, in addition to IT professionals who want to prepare for the 70–742 exam.