Kurz: Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration, and learn how to provision hosts integrated with software and Puppet configuration management upon deployment. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
NOTE: If you are looking for training on Red Hat Satellite 5, please see our Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
- Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content
- Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically
- Incorporate software management into software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework
- Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework
- Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management. Discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts
- NOTE: Course outline is subject to change as technology changes and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact us
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers