Kurz: Red Hat High Availability Clustering with exam (RH437)
Created for senior Linux® system administrators, this 4-day course strongly emphasizes lab-based activities. You'll learn how to deploy and manage shared storage and server clusters that provide highly available network services to a mission-critical enterprise environment.
This course also helps you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in High Availability Clustering exam (EX436). This version of the course includes the exam.
- Install and configure a Pacemaker-based high availability cluster
- Create and manage highly available services
- Troubleshoot common cluster issues
- Work with shared storage (iSCSI) and configure multipathing
- Configure GFS2 file systems
What is a Certificate of Expertise credential?
Red Hat Certificates of Expertise are specialized credentials available to individuals who pass performance-based exams. The certificates demonstrate skills and knowledge in specialized areas.
- Clusters and storage
- Get an overview of storage and cluster technologies
- Create high-availability clusters
- Review and create the architecture of Pacemaker-based high-availability clusters
- Nodes and quorum
- Review cluster node membership and how quorum is used to control clusters
- Understand fencing and fencing configuration
- Resource groups
- Create and configure simple resource groups to provide high-availability services to clients
- Troubleshoot high-availability clusters
- Identify and troubleshoot cluster problems
- Complex resource groups
- Control complex resource groups by using constraints
- Two-node clusters
- Identify and work around two-node clusters issues
- ISCSI initiators
- Manage iSCSI initiators for access to shared storage
- Multipath Storage
- Configure redundant storage access
- Logical volume manager (LVM) clusters
- Manage clustered LVM
- Global File System 2
- Create symmetric shared file systems
- Eliminate single points of failure
- Eliminate single points of failure to increase service availability
- Comprehensive review
- Set up high-availability services and storage
- Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist.
Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resiliency though high-availability clustering services and using fault-tolerant shared storage technologies